Saturday, December 04, 2010

Christmas Quilts

Don't you make most of your Christmas presents?

If I could count the number of times someone said this to me over the last few years... let's just say lots. And until this year, running Bellflower Textiles with its busy Christmas season  meant that no, I absolutely couldn't make much of anything for personal reasons, because I was spending every free second making orders for clients. Business was so brisk last year from October through mid January that it took me months to recover.

This year, though, with the business in a much lower gear, I've been happily sewing away, making Christmas gifts. Here are a few -- some I can't show because the person receiving them will know who they're for, but these are fairly safe, I think.

Mostly a series of little wall quilts. These first two were made from an Avignon jelly roll and are probably 24x24". I can't tell you where these are going, but aren't they cute?


This is just a front - haven't blocked and quilted it yet. I made this last night - it's called Birds of a Feather.


Here's a close up of the block - the interior fabric with robins, and then the awesome dark blue with feathers on it that Erica gave me last night. Perfect match! It's all set in oatmeal linen, which is still one of my favorite fabrics to work with.

I still have one or two things left to make, but I'm really happy with how much I've been able to get done this year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails